Research & Scholarly Achievement
at Gallaudet University
- Bilingual ASL/English storybook apps for children
- TL2: Family Information Package
- TL2: Ethical practices website
- ML2: US-Russian Literacy for Deaf Children
- TL2: Signwise for Kids
- TL2: Usability Study: The Deaf Children’s User Experiences with Storybook Apps
- TL2: Efficacy Study: Measuring the efficacy of the Storybook Apps in Facilitating Vocabulary Development
- TL2: VL2 Storybook Apps Lesson Plans and Activities for Educators: Training and Materials
Scholarship and creative activity
- Filed under HERZIG
Herzig, M. (2015) Observations and Recommendation to Boost Students' Reading Scores. Report prepared for Superintendent and Board of Associates, Arkansas School for the Deaf, Arkansas.
Herzig, M., Clark, D., Baker, S., & Simms, L. (2015). Psycholinguistics: Milestones in. In P. Boudreault and G. Gertz (Eds.), The Deaf Studies Encyclopedia. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Filed under c278fef9-1a15-44f3-9e11-ffec7408eb76
Herzig, M. (2017, June). ASL Scale of Development. Presentation at ASL Curriculum Instruction, and Assessment Workshop, Indianapolis, IN.
Herzig, M. (2016, November) School-wide Bilingual Training at American School for the Deaf. Hartford, CT.
Herzig, M. (2017). A curriculum for ASL: Empowering students by giving them ownership of their learning. Odyssey, 18, pp. 70-75.
Herzig, M. (2017, June) Engaging Deaf Children through Innovative Digital Bilingual Educational Resources Through Partnership. Presentation at National Deaf Education Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
Holmes, T, & Herzig, M. (2017, February) Demonstrating Key Steps in Achieving Literacy. Pre-session Presentation at Early Hearing and Detection Intervention (EHDI), Atlanta, GA.
- Filed under Herzig
Herzig, M. & Perrodin, B. (July 2018). VL2 Resources for Developing Languages Among Children and Families. Presented at the National Deaf Education Conference, Hartford, CT.
DesGorges, J., Patterson, T., Bourne-Firl, B., & Herzig, M. (2018, March) Building Skills and Knowledge for Language and Literacy: A Partnership Defined. Presented at the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention Conference. Denver, CO.